Becoming A ABS Carer
Become One Of The Family & Bring Joy And Purpose Into People’s Lives
As a family-founded business, we want everyone to feel like they are gaining an extended family in ABS Care when they join our team. That’s why our employees’ wellbeing is of the utmost importance to us, and why we’ll offer you competitive benefits and first-class training. What’s more, since we’re not an agency, you’ll have the full support of our office-based care team every step of the way.
If you would like to be part of something really special by bringing joy and purpose into people’s lives, we would love to welcome you into the ABS Care family.
What We Seek In Our ABS Carers
- Warm-hearted, joyful and determined individuals, who love to bring out the best in others.
- Empathy and patience to support older people lead fulfilling lives.
- Commitment, reliability and a mature and proactive approach to situations that comes from life experience.
- Good verbal and written communication in English.
- A consistent weekly availability of between 16 and 40 hours. You should be willing to work some weekends, and some evenings too.
- Providing friendly companionship
- Assisting clients with personal care (getting washed, dressed, toileting)
- Helping with light housekeeping (cleaning, laundry, cooking)
- Assisting with outings (grocery shopping, social events, hospital appointments, where appropriate in line with government advice)
- Supporting clients with taking medication
- Assisting clients with walking, mobility and light exercise
- Planning and preparing meals
- Writing updates in the communication book after each visit
- Monitoring and paying attention to the overall welfare of clients, and reporting any changes or concerns to the office
- Forming positive relationships with family members and friends who also have an input into the daily life of your clients
- During sleepover packages, you will be required to assist clients throughout the night
We are so proud to work alongside our frontline ABS Carer heroes during this time. As such, we’ve taken prudent steps in order to be laser focused on the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Apply now by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Us on 07737144216